Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to...Me

Even though today is a work day for me, I am so excited that it's my birthday! See, I don't look at it as a year of getting older, but another year of blessings!! I am also so thankful that it is Memorial Day which means we are able to live in a free nation thanks to the brave men and women who have given their lives for our country.
Today is color Monday over at Christian Paper Crafts and Jen has a sweet color combo lined up for you that is so appropriate for the holiday! Here is my creation:

I used cardstock from PTI and We Are Memory Keepers: Old Glory, the old SU Delight in Life stamp set, Momento London Fog Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Button, and jute! I loved using my copics to color the little flower and make it have a little POP before spraying it with some tattered angels! You've gotta love it when your husband says, "Even though you spilled something on it, I kinda like it that way - looks like it was meant to happen"! *roll eyes* The wonderful sketch is from the Sketch Girl site, sketch #19 (SG19)!
I hope you have a wonderful Holiday full of family and fun! I have to go ahead and tell you that I rec'd some wonderful Copics from hubby and Abby while we were on vacation - almost at 100 different Copic colors here in the Collins house :o)
Oh, and here is a little pic from last week:

God Bless You,

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Mary! Happy Birthday to you!!!! "Every day may you find Jesus near!!" (that's a line from our Christian birthday song we sing in Sunday School) Have a very blessed day and enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday !!!! I love your card... I love how you flipped it and I love the vintage look.... thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl this challenge and good luck.

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    Your post has me laughing over your husband's reaction to your card. I agree with him, it looks like you meant to spill it :>) Great papers (just picked them up myself last weekend) and I like that you added the distressing. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete