Saturday, May 15, 2010

Office...Sweet...Messy...Cozy...Office

For some reason, my office currently looks like an explosion happened in here LOL. I tried to take a few minutes to pick up, and I think I just made matters worse!! Thankfully the french doors will be up by the end of the Summer, then I will be able to just close it off from the rest of the (messy) house :o)
It's time again for Scripture Saturday and CASE Artist Saturday over at Christian Paper Crafts! I am excited to show you my little creations today, as always...
First off, our featured artist today is twin2u2. You can visit her gallery by clicking her name, or clicking here. I am sure you will find lots of inspiration there, remember, keyword CAS52 if uploading into a gallery at Christian Paper Crafts and CPC-CAS52 if uploading somewhere else.
This card uses cardstock from PaperTreyInk, along with patterned papers from Hobby Lobby. The stamp is from Unity, in the Ippity line of stamps, which I sell for Relay for Life. You can find out more about that here. I colored the sweet little bird in with Copic Markers and the flower in the corner is handmade, too! The lace, now that lace is pretty special to me. You see, my three year old Abby has a new fascination. Wanna know what it is? She is truly a girl after her momma's heart, as she has taken up the hobby of "tea staining" and LOVES it!! Seriously. To keep her entertained for hours, brew a cup of tea, allow it to cool, and supply her with lace, ribbon, etc to "color"! My husband is truly amazed that I constantly find ways to keep her involved!
Next up, is my project for Scripture Saturday today (Keyword SS45 at CPC and CPC-SS45 everywhere else). The scripture for today is 2nd Chronicles 7:14 - "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." With the way things are in the world today, isn't it amazing that there in the Bible is the solution, but mankind as a whole will not follow it?
The cute layout comes from the sketch over at 2Sketches4You this week. Today I used PTI cardstocks as my base, and layered on some of the same Hobby Lobby papers that I used in my card for CASE Artist Saturday. I also added a prima that has pearls for the center. I went for the older papers because they remind me of my grandmothers. They were so true to this verse, and apparently people of their generation were truer to it than those of the current generation.
I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!
God Bless You,

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Love the image and the lacy trim. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love the vintage look of this card - it is beautiful
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Mary, I love them! That is so cute that Abby loves to tea dye, I think she is going to be a crafter just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete