Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rockin' Thursday

As busy as my agenda is for today, I didn't know what to call Thursday, but I thought since I am starting it off crafty, it must be pretty 'rockin'!
The Christian Paper Crafts Blog Hop yesterday where we featured Magenta Style Products was a total hit! If you missed it, just scroll down one post, or click here.
I usually do not like to use my own handwriting on a card if it is a whole verse or something more than one word, however I decided to go ahead and give it a whirl on here. All of my cards lately are going to the Prayer Shawl Ministry at our church, so I think a little personalization might be just the key :o) Plus, making all of these cards for the shawls has been an EXCELLENT excuse to paper-craft and buy more supplies!
As you see, the verse on the card is Matthew 8:3, which is talking about Jesus' healing hand. The Bible Verse Thursday challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts today is about "hands", so I thought this would be a wonderful verse to use on a card accompanying a Prayer Shawl. My wonderful sketch came from DigiDoodles and the colors are from the Stampin Sisters In Christ blog.
Items used: Randon Paper Scraps, PTI Kraft, Brown, and Rustic Cream CardStock, fabric trim, cuttlebug, CTMH ink, Ippity Stamp, bling, edge distressing tool.
Have a wonderful day! Remember, it's almost Friday! :o)
God Bless You,

5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch and great color too...thanks for joining with us at DDSB challenge, Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great take on the sketch!! I just love your rhinestone cross. Beautiful verse!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely! I love the bling on the cross - fabulous!! What a fabulous verse and I think it personalises a card to have handwriting on it!! Thanks for playing along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card -- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason I can't see your card but no fears I saw it at CPC and I loved it!!! Especially the lace! I love that you are doing the shawl ministry. What a blessing.

    Thank you for sharing your art with us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete