Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pretty Toes and Headache Woes

Hello and Happy Saturday everyone! I hope that everyone's weekend is off to a wonderful start! Although I have been dealing with a headache, I have to say it has been a great weekend so far! Right now I am blessed to be getting a pedicure as I type this blog...well, my hubby is the one doing it, but that's the best :o) I love having some pretty toes to peep out of new sandals!
This yucky headache has lingered for a couple of days, therefore so did this card. I still don't think I am totally satisfied with it, but as much as I will ever be, I suppose. Since I didn't feel too well, I tried to combine as many things as possible! The sketch is from the lovely 2Sketches4You, while the Bible verse using the word "paths" is from the Bible Verse Thursday challenge #55 over at Christian Paper Crafts. Also, the heart is colored using copic markers, the challenge for Fun on Friday #54 over at Christan Paper Crafts as well!
Supplies: PTI cardstock, Georgia Pacific cardstock, Basic Grey pp, Wright's Creative Classic Trim, American Crafts Slick Writer, Ippity Stamps (Music of My Hearts), SU Real Red Ink, PTI Hibiscus ink, Bubblegum glimmermist
Also, this card was my first ever attempt at using glimmer mist.
With that being said, it led into this:
Now this was F-U-N and right up my ally!! The Scripture 1 Timothy 2:1 is for Scripture Saturday #47 also at CPC. After using the glimmer mist on the card prior to this one, I had to break it out again and spritz some around! Add some jute, trim, and a button, along with distressing the edges of the stamped image to shabby it up a bit! The stamp of the birdhouses is from a Unity KOM from this year, although I cannot remember which month, and the background is stamped with music which is the challenge over at Stampin' Sisters In Christ this week! I used CTMH inks Pansy Purple and Sunflower. This sketch is from MOJO Monday, Sketch 139, and although I always want to play along, I usually forget the sketch and use it too late to add it to the link list - not this week...almost, but I'm making it in time :o)
Well, I'm off to add these cards to the Prayer Shawl Ministry Basket! Thank you for stopping by, I sure hope you come back soon!

God Bless You,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary - love the title of youe post - although I am sorry to hear about your headache! I hope it is easing now! I love your cards - you are on a roll! Your music sheet is a great touch and makes your card perfect for this weeks challenge at SSIC! I love those images and your fabulous colours! We love it that you were able to join us for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are beautiful! I love them both!!! Love your take on the music challenge... the sheet music is just perfect!Thanks so much for joining us and I do hope you are feeling better now!!!
    Have a blessed week!
    Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, both of the cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete