Friday, November 21, 2008

Something for Me

As I sat upstairs working on Christmas tasks the other day, my husband hit me with a question - "What do you do for yourself?" Uh, lots...right? That was my initial response, but when we talked about it more, he wanted to know what I really did for just me... I feel very blessed in knowing that I have a husband that cares so much, but really - that is a hard one!

So, I took a break from working on Christmas gifts for others, scrapbooking for Abby, and homework to make this:

It is really a recipe holder, but I am going to fill it with Bible Verses. I love having my encouraging word for the day from KLove Radio and I think as I collect them, I am going to place my favorites right in here for safe keeping. The candy is covered with scraps of paper and is placed in the box jumbled because sometimes that's how life is, and it reminds me that we have the Lord to unjumble our lives if we only trust in Him! As most of you know, either from knowing me personally or reading my blog, I am trying to fulfill my dream of becoming a diabetic nurse educator/practitioner, and it is hard! There have already been obstacles thrown in my path that if I didn't have the Lord to trust in, I would have given up - however I will press on and "run with patience the race that is set before me." (P.S. I just found out yesterday that I got an A in my last class!)
God Bless You,
Mary

5 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, Mary. You have alot on your plate...but God is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words Mary. Congrats on your A, I know it's tough to be a full time employee, Mom, wife, and student! Don't know how you do it. And your creations are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Mary! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete