Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome to the Luau!

The Luau with Deedee's Digi's that is!  Just think - in your mind you can be anywhere you want, and now with these new awesome digi's from Deedee's Digis, well, you can go there in your paper-crafting too!  Just sit back and relax - there's a party going on!
First up, I have to tell you I fell in love with this pineapple!  Now, I know it sounds silly because I don't know *why* I love it, maybe because as soon as I saw it, I *knew* the card I wanted to make!  And Miss Candace, although I sure love you, your tutorial has given my hot glue gun a workout girlie!  I am pleating ribbon on everything!
(Cardstock: PTI, American Crafts, Image: Deedee's Digi, Cuttlebug, jute, button, edge distresser, copics, distress ink)
Next, I decided to do a card with the super cute TIKI man that comes as a free gift for playing along today!  So, the truth is, we are all about parties at my house!  All in good,clean, fun that is!  Everyone gathers at my house for their birthday, cookout, etc...  So next year I want to build a "porch" on the side of my yard (sounds crazy, I know), but I explained it all to hubby and told him I would have to throw a big "porch party" when it is complete!  Wouldn't this be the cutest invite?
(Paper:PaperTreyInk, Cosmo Cricket, Image: Deedee's Digi's, buttons, jute, copic spika marker, lace, ribbon, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, distress ink)
However, I am all about a card with more than one purpose and I hated to think of waiting until next year to use this cute little feller, so I transformed him into a card for the Prayer Shawl Ministry at church.  See, not all of our shawl recipients are adults, and the kiddos of all ages need cards, too!  So, the sentiment says: "Dude - Get to know the 'Living Water' -John 4:1-26"  I can soo imagine him saying that!!!
(Paper: PaperTreyInk, CosmoCricket, Image: Deedee's Digis, ribbon, lace, buttons, jute, copic spika marker, edge distresser, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Distress Ink)
And last, but certainly not least, these little flip flops were the freebie on Monday, but what would a good luau be without a new pair of "flops"?
(Paper: PaperTreyInk, Ribbon, Buttons, Image: Deedee's Digis, copics, distress ink, bling, edge distresser)

Have a wonderful day!  Don't forget to stop by the party at the Crafter's Digital Art Center and check out what the rest of the DT has created for you today!

God Bless You,

9 comments:

  1. Wowzers girl! You've been busy!! Your cards are awesome love every one of them!! I think the tiki man is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary! Each of your creations are just dazzling - so happy and sunshine and reflect the Luau theme just beautifully! What a positively FUN post today! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling cards! perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, I am having trouble logging into the CPC, cant write anything there so I'm asking you for help here instead. Do not know what happened. Can you help me? You can reach me at my email, which I think you have.

    Anita/AniLi from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute work!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo Hoo! You were on a roll and all of your cards turned out great. I LOVE the pineapple one!
    Will you quit making me think I need a frog....LOL!!! I love how you use it for your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection of cards, Mary! Each of them is terrific, but I especially love your second tiki card with the greeting aimed at a young adult -- what a great way to reach out to youth and introduce them to Scripture!!! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Mary! I love the distressed feel to all of these cards. Thanks for directing us here to check the other card out! Love the flip flop one.

    ReplyDelete