Saturday, October 27, 2007

Adventures in Cake Making

I usually only post about once a week, but I have a few minutes free and wanted to share some things with you!

Tomorrow is Gary's birthday, so I was trying to be sweet and stay home today to make him a cake! Abby is with my mom right now so I can decorate it and I even let her pick out the pan (she chose Elmo of course!)...
Anways, as I am baking away and everything is going wonderful... Something goes awful with the red for Elmo's fur... Keep in mind the creature is almost ALL red except those big eyes, nose, and mouth....
His "fur" turned out, well.... kinda like this....
I know that the picture looks like it is red, but the color is really a PUKE color of pumice pink.... Not Elmo at all!!
Here is what Elmo looks like at this point:
Needless to say, we are going to be making a trip to Wal-Mart this evening to get some red Wilton coloring and the cake is not going to be the surprise that I wanted it to be... Then again, he is in a bad mood so as much as I want to just hand him the cake the way it is, I will finish it and present it nicely tomorrow to all the family...


Cake aside, have you ever saw the mountains in the fall? If so or if not, here they are:
This is the view from my kitchen deck... (I know, the power lines are in the way - I have asked AEP to move them, but they don't seem to want to!)

Here is a view from my family room deck:
There's still a lot of green on the trees, but it really does look nice and it is so nice and crisp outside!


Oh, and for the Sunday School class treats... Here they are:
I am rather tickled with them.... the pails have little faces on them, but I don't think they showed up well in the picture...
I haven't decided on a tag line for my blog banner yet, but I am still open for suggestions!
Have a great day!
*HUGS*,
Mary

3 comments:

  1. Elmo looks like he is made of peanut butter! Glad Abby got to help with Gary's b-day surprise! Peanut butterish or not I think it looks great!!! Wish I could bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one time I made a cake that was a scale model of the Monticello, But I didn't show anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally thought of an "entry" for your blog tag line.....

    "Sharing the miracles I've been blessed with!"

    ReplyDelete