Sunday, February 18, 2007

Here is my paper craft/stamped item for today: a Chipboard Coaster Box! These must be all the rave because it is hard to find the coasters! I bet some of the resteraunts are happy for the extra business it has brought in!


I used 5 coasters for this box - 4 sides and 1 for the bottom. I covered the 4 sides with my paper (from Wal-Mart) first, then added the embellishments. (Whisper White Card Stock, In Color '07 Inks, and Glorious Gifts from the new SU! Spring Mini was used to make all embellisments for the box) Since I do not yet have a crop-a-dile, I made do and borrowed Gary's power tools! That's right ladies and gentlemen, the dremmel tool came out of retirement and did a great job! A big plus: being able to cut through all four layers of chipboard at once! It also helped to ensure the holes were lined up because they were cut at the same time. To hold the sides together, I cut small strips of ribbon (from Wal-Mart) to tie through each of the holes. The bottom is held on with a hot glue gun!

I plan to give these to Abby's Sunday School teachers for Easter this year! Of course I will fill them with some lovely Hershey's Kisses or mini Reese cups first! This is also going to be one of my "mini classes" at our Relay for Life Spring Fling fundraiser!

Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment