Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

You know, I'm still not really sure why it is called black Friday. It really should be red Friday, because that is where I always think my checkbook balance is going to be after shopping that day!
Today's finds included just like every year, things that were not completely necessary, but ended up being purchased none the less...
FIL's Christmas gift - a digital picture frame...
A dart board for BIL...
Garland for the stairway railing...
Ribbon hangers for our ornaments...
More stuff that even though I can not remember, totaled about $250.00 today!! *eek*

This evening we were blessed to be visited by our dear friends Brandon and Becky. Abby eventually warmed up to them and made two new friends!!
Oh, and here is a little creation me and the girl made one day that I was home from work. It was from a scrap of wood I found in the garage that had been stained. I took some old paint and whitewashed over it, then wrote my message and drew my heart with paint pens. Abby was sweet enough to hold the paint pens in between colors for me!

The house is so cozy right now this minute, I wish that I could bottle it up forever. Abby is asleep peacefully on the couch, Gary Joe is playing his XBOX, the fireplace is lit, the Christmas trees are on bot upstairs and downstairs with overhead lights off and lamps on, and the garland on the stairway railing is up and twinkling, I am so blessed! Thank You Lord!

3 comments:

  1. I was so sad I couldn't shop today :( hope you shopped enough for the both of us! Great buy on the digi frame I have been thinking about getting one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buys!


    ps, it's called black friday because for many companies they are "in the red" and finally cross over to the black starting with the Christmas Shopping rush the day after Thanksgiving. At least that's what I've been told.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie, and I was going to explain the "Black Friday" thing, but I see Erin beat me to it. LOL

    So, I saw your comment on my blog and I look forward to sending out your goodies as soon as the stamp sets arrive (but I need your home address), so please email it to me at Littlekel90@windstream.net Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete